- Formulator and supplier of superior nutritional supplements products marketed in the United States, Mexico, Canada and throughout the world.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great opportunity with an exciting company.
- Ability to work from home with flexibility of schedule and environment
- Benefit package and room to grow
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Formulator – R&D
- The Formulator supports the research and development initiatives of specific formula optimization, tablet sizing, and coating improvements.
- Formulate all types of nutraceutical products such as tablets, capsules and powders based on customer requirements for function and taste
- Prepare pilot formulations and R&D batch records
- Conduct research on raw materials including literature searches and ingredient interaction studies
- Work with manufacturing to refine formulations and oversee pilot productions
- Initiate stability studies of pilot formulations and initial production batches
- Perform physical analysis on pilot and stability samples
- Keep current on developments and continue education in nutrition industry
- Interact with Manufacturing on the scale up of new products and product improvements
- Research new and alternate excipient materials
- Reformulate to improve existing products
- Accelerate and execute prototype development
- Evaluate raw materials, including new, alternate, and out-of-spec raw materials; maintain a log of raw material test results and evaluation reports
- Provide test results and physical samples of R&D trial products and raw material evaluations
BACKGROUND PROFILE: Formulator – R&D
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences (Food Technology or Nutritional Sciences) with minimum 3 years of experience leading product development projects in al manufacturing or laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of materials, manufacturing processes and procedures, experience working with coating and solid dosage form a plus and Dietary supplement experience preferred.
- Proficient in nutritional supplement (GMP’s) preferred.
- Familiarity with equipment used in all phases of nutritional supplement manufacturing preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
Please send resumes to [email protected].