If you need a turnkey private label protein bar manufacturer to handle your health bar manufacturing needs, we can help. Superior works with businesses of all sizes, from Fortune 500 companies to small startups. With a large supply chain and multiple production facilities across the United States, we can handle all levels of needs. In addition to this, access to our expert research and development teams gives you the ability to bring new and innovative products to market faster.
Types of Health Bars
Snack bars and health bars include granola, breakfast, protein and many other types of bars. We are pleased to offer a wide variety of healthy snack bar choices. If you have special requests, we can help. For example, these are some special types of products that people may request:
- Organic bars
- Gluten-free bars
- Sugar-free bars
If you have questions about a specific type of product, one of our customer support staff will be happy to assist you. These are the main types of bars that our manufacturing teams can create.
Protein bars are popular with bodybuilders, athletes, outdoor enthusiasts and busy people who want to boost their protein intake. These are some of the important points to know about protein bars:
- Protein is the bar category that is growing the fastest in popularity.
- Protein bars are typically lower in carb content.
- Although protein bars have complex recipes, they can be designed to taste good.
Energy bars are popular with athletes. People also eat them for breakfast to help jump-start the workday with a boost of energy, and others like them for snacks when they are tired. These are a few important points about energy bars:
- Energy bars are quick and simple energy solutions.
- Energy bars can have specific nutritional benefits as well.
- Although cold-formed bars were mostly used in the past, there are new and innovative formulas available.
In cold-formed bars, granola is the main ingredient. It is found in many types of health bars. Granola bars make great snacks for people of all ages. These are some of the benefits of these bars:
- Granola includes healthy ingredients.
- Granola bars offer a proportioned and convenient intake format.
- Granola bars offer plenty of innovative flavor mixture potential.
Meal replacement bars are especially popular for older adults. They can also be marketed to busy adults who lack the time for a proper breakfast. These are some benefits of breakfast bars:
- Breakfast bars can be designed for a broad or specific age range.
- Breakfast bars can include nutrients from multiple food groups.
- Breakfast bars can include vitamins, fiber or other healthy additions.
Functional and Nutraceutical Bars
These terms often refer to the same type of nutritional bar. These are a few important aspects of functional and nutraceutical bars:
- Nutraceutical bars are designed to support certain health or nutritional purposes.
- Because of their specific purposes, functional bars may require extra research and development.
- Functional bars usually require expert design to achieve a desirable flavor.
If you have a targeted purpose that a bar should achieve, this is the right category. For example, you may want to create a bar that supports immune health. We can create simple and complex nutritional bars.
Diet bars are popular with people who want to lose weight. Although they were mostly purchased by women in the past, they are popular with all adults today. Diet bars may have a specific purpose. These are some common choices:
- Diet bars that aid in metabolic support.
- Diet bars that suppress appetite.
- Diet bars that modify nutrition or reduce caloric intake.
Research and development tasks vary based on the purpose of the bars, the ingredients, the flavors and other factors.
Choosing a Health Bar Texture
In addition to tasting great, your bar should have a pleasing texture. Your market and the type of bar that you want to create may determine the optimal choice. These are the main options:
- Crunchy bars
- Baked bars
- Chewy bars
- Soft bars
Baked bars are ideal for meal replacement or snacking purposes, and they may include fruit filling or another type of filling. If you prefer something that is more like a dessert, we can make brownie bars as well.
Many companies choose a soft or chewy texture for bars that are for energy, protein or nutritional purposes. Chewy granola bars are also popular for snacks. However, some may be crispy or crunchy instead.
How the Health Bar Manufacturing Process Works
Our process is streamlined to offer you greater efficiency and simplicity. We work with you through every step of the process and keep you informed.
Step 1: Packaging Choice
The packaging design is up to you. If you want to put a certain quantity of wrapped bars into a box, we can source both wrappers and boxes. Some companies also sell the wrapped bars individually. We can provide assistance for wording and ingredient lists. Our team verifies your packaging design and type before starting production.
Step 2: We Create Your Bars
Depending on your product choice, there may be extra research and development tasks. Although there are specific steps for creating each type of bar, these are the basic steps in the production process:
- Obtaining and measuring ingredients.
- Mixing, forming and finishing the bars.
- Inspecting the bars for quality.
- Finishing, packaging and final inspection of the bars.
Step 3: We Ship Your Bars
We are careful to ship bars in ways that preserve their composition. We notify you as soon as they are sent.
Common Concerns With Health Bar Manufacturing
Today, these are some of the main concerns that companies have when they are looking for a health bar manufacturer:
- Ingredient sourcing and quality.
- Production procedures and quality control measures.
- Production capacity and fulfilment abilities.
With our broad supply chain, we can source regular, organic and specialty ingredients in a timely manner. If you need special certifications, such as Kosher, the facilities uphold proper procedures certification standards. They also have updated and thorough sanitation policies. We offer a variety of certification choices. Rest assured that all products go through multiple quality control steps, and the ingredients are also checked to ensure high quality.
Why Choose Us for Health Bar Manufacturing?
Creating a bar that looks, smells and tastes appealing can be challenging. Many vitamins, minerals and nutritional ingredients have bitter or unpleasant tastes. However, we work with experienced researchers and developers who can create tasty bars that balance texture, nutrients and flavors to create high-quality results. They can handle complex formulations and R&D tasks. These are some other reasons why people choose Superior:
- We provide you with a dedicated account representative.
- We offer a wide variety of packaging materials and types.
- We provide customer support that is second to none.
- With our multi-facility production capacity, we can accommodate your current needs and future growth.
Our company is also happy to provide you with any reports or documentation that you need. To learn more about how we can help you create the health bars that you want, please contact us.