Collagen is a popular supplement that people use to support bone, connective tissue and skin health. If you are looking for private label supplements made of collagen, Superior can meet your needs. Because we work with multiple manufacturing facilities across the country, we can handle any size of project.
Choosing Ingredients for Your Collagen Supplement
When it comes to supplements, there are five major types of collagen that sellers use. They are the most beneficial options for consumption, and they come from various sources. These are the main collagen sources and the types of collagen that they include:
- Marine collagen comes from fish skin and scales, and it includes type I collagen.
- Bovine collagen includes type I and type III collagen, and it comes from cowhides.
- Chicken-based collagen may come from eggshells as type V or X, and type II is extracted in a much different manner from the sternum cartilage of grown chickens.
Type I collagen is often used for beauty products or skin supplements, such as those for hair, skin and nails. With type II collagen, many manufacturers market it to people who are looking for joint support. Some studies have shown that it may be helpful to people with arthritis. Type III collagen is often used in bone and skin support supplements. Some people use type V collagen to support joint and bone health, and some use type X collagen especially for joint health.
You can use more than one type of collagen for a supplement. Our teams know how to create the right mixtures for your needs. They can also add other ingredients that you may want, such as vitamins or other beneficial substances.
Choosing a Delivery Form for Your Collagen Supplement
After collagen is extracted from the source, it is typically in powder form. These are the main ways that supplement companies sell collagen:
- Loose powder
Today, loose powder is one of the most popular choices. It is usually soluble, and it allows for easier dosing with complex mixtures. Loose powder may be flavored or flavorless. If you want to create a flavored powder, we have both natural and artificial flavors and sweeteners.
Choosing Packaging for Your Collagen Supplement
The packaging choice depends on your preferences and the delivery form that you choose. These are some examples of popular packaging choices:
- Jars or resealable bags for loose powder.
- Bottles or jars for capsules.
- Blister packs or bottles for tablets.
Our packaging choices come in a variety of options as well. For example, you may want plastic or another type of bag, or you may want a glass jar or bottle instead of plastic. We offer plenty of innovative options.
How We Make Private Label Collagen Supplements
When you work with us to help you create your private label collagen supplement, we have a three-step process. Our teams handle the complex work, and you are in charge of deciding what your supplement includes and how you want it to look. These are the main steps.
Step 1: You Design Your Collagen Supplement
During this phase, the manufacturing teams work with you to learn about dosing, delivery form, flavoring and other factors about your supplement. Factors related to your target market can help you determine the right choices. If you want it to meet any special certification, such as Kosher or another, we offer a wide range of respected certification and manufacturing standard options. You also choose a packaging material, design and label during this first phase. Once we verify your choices, we set to work on the production process.
Step 2: We Create Your Collagen Supplement
Collagen sourcing is an important consideration to us. We ensure that sourcing methods are thorough, sanitary and produce potent substances. Although extraction methods for the different types of collagen differ for various sources, these are the basic steps involved in creating your supplement:
- The powder is made and processed.
- For tablets or capsules, the collagen is measured and encapsulated or compacted to include the right doses.
- Loose powder may be processed for flavoring or coloring.
- The collagen supplement is tested for quality and accuracy in dosing.
- After inspection, the collagen is packed in your chosen packaging.
If you have questions about the specific production processes for capsules, powders or other delivery forms, we have additional information about delivery forms on our site. We will also be happy to assist you if you have questions.
Step 3: We Send Your Collagen Supplement
Before we send packaged supplements, we inspect them again for quality and accuracy. You will be notified when your supplement is complete and ready for shipment.
Common Concerns With Collagen Supplement Manufacturing
One of the most common concerns is sourcing. Also, the quality of the collagen that is sourced is a top concern. Many people ask about how dosing is maintained and how we ensure quality. These are some of the steps we take to ensure that we create reliable and high-quality supplements:
- We work with reputable suppliers.
- We ensure that sourcing methods are responsible and trustworthy.
- The manufacturing facilities have modern equipment, skilled R&D teams and experienced production teams.
- The manufacturing facilities have strict quality and testing procedures, and they follow all applicable compliance measures.
Why Choose Us for Collagen Supplement Manufacturing?
In addition to collagen, we can produce a wide range of other private label supplements that you may want to develop. These are some of the benefits of choosing Superior:
- The manufacturing teams can handle complex research and development, formulation, flavoring and other tasks.
- Our customer service is second to none, and we have a knowledgeable and friendly support team.
- A dedicated account representative will help address your specific needs.
- With access to large and multiple facilities, we can meet your needs now and as demand increases.
We can provide you with any supplemental manufacturing paperwork that you require. Since we have worked with small startups to Fortune 500 companies, we are happy to serve any size of company. To learn more about our collagen supplement manufacturing services, please contact us.