Are you looking to create the perfect nutritional supplement using vitamin B6? We offer a myriad of delivery forms from capsules to gummies, softgels, tablets, powders, liquids and more.
Our team can source various forms of vitamin B6 and help you create the perfect product for your brand. Please give us a call today to speak about your next product using vitamin B6.
Vitamin B6, more commonly known as pyridoxine, is a water soluble vitamin that performs several important functions in our bodies.
It has a boatload of health benefits, including improving mood, reducing depression, improving brain health, preventing anemia, reducing inflammation, and preventing cancer.
1. Improves Mood and Reduces Depression Symptoms
Vitamin B6 plays a key role in regulating mood because of the following two reasons:
- It is necessary for creating neurotransmitters that regulate emotions, including dopamine, serotonin, and gamma-aminobutyric acid.
- It plays an important part in lowering high blood levels of amino cysteine — which is an amino acid that is directly linked to depression.
According to this study, depressive symptoms are directly linked to low intake of vitamin B6, especially in older adults who are at a much higher risk of suffering from a vitamin B6 deficiency.
Furthermore, another study on 250 older adults concludes that deficiency of vitamin B6 can approximately double the likelihood of depression.
2. Helps Prevent Colorectal Cancer
Meeting your daily recommended intake of vitamin B6 can lower your risk of certain cancer types.
Although the reason why vitamin B6 lowers your risk of cancer is unclear, most scientists suggest that it’s due to its inflammation-reducing properties.
This review of 12 studies has linked both adequate dietary intake and blood levels of vitamin B6 with lower risks of colorectal cancer.
The review further goes on to conclude that individuals with the highest blood levels of vitamin B6 had a 50% lower risk of developing colorectal cancer.
3. Reduces Symptoms of PMS
Several scientific studies suggest that vitamin B6 can reduce certain symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), including the following:
Research experts suggest that vitamin B6 reduces PMS symptoms because it regulates mood by creating neurotransmitters.
According to this three-month study on over 60 premenopausal women, taking 50 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily improved the mental symptoms of PMS by 69%.
Health Issues Associated With Vitamin B6 Deficiency
People deficient in vitamin B6 face an increased risk of suffering from several health issues, among which the most notable ones are the following:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Clogged arteries and heart disease
So to stay clear of the health issues mentioned above, take a vitamin B6 supplement daily.
Daily Recommended Intake
The daily recommended intake of vitamin B6 depends on your purpose of use. During research studies, the following amounts of vitamin B6 were recommended:
- For vitamin B6 deficiency:participants were initially recommended 2.5 to 25 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily for three weeks, and then 1.5 to 2.5 milligrams per day thereafter.
- For sideroblastic anemia: participants were initially recommended 200 to 600 milligrams daily for a few weeks, and then the amount was decreased to 30-50 milligrams per day.
- For kidney stones: participants were recommended 25 to 500 milligrams per day.
Are you looking for a reliable manufacturing partner to help you create a perfect vitamin B6 supplement tailored for your customers?
Superior can help with all types and forms of vitamin B6 manufacturing. Our goal is to give your business exactly what it needs to succeed: stellar supplements.
Give us a call today to get one step closer to turning your dream supplement into a reality.